How to Plan a Surprise Anniversary Party Starting With Midnight Gift Delivery
The 50th wedding anniversary is a milestone that should be celebrated by every couple. A half a century of love, laughter, and tears is meant to be enjoyed with friends and family. Yet, many old couples are too shy to throw a lavish party on such a special occasion. Thankfully, executing a surprise anniversary celebration is very simple and can be planned by children or grandchildren. The reason for it is – over the years’ books and books have been filled with memories which can be put to use for inspiration for the party.
Here is the step by step guide on how to arrange a surprise party that reminisces cherished memories and creates new unforgettable ones.
- Start with a gift delivered at midnight
Since an important couple of the day has no idea that a party is planned to celebrate their 50th, the best strategy is to throw them off track even more. The advice is to order online or a small gift and get it delivered to their home at 12 am. The happy couple will be delighted with the present and believe that is the end of the celebration because a midnight delivery is special enough. This will ensure that you are not troubled with making certain that the surprise is not ruined by the couple before the party begins.
- Move on to splendid invitations:
The next step after cake online or a gift online is to plan the invitations. A small get-together that includes only the closest friends and family or a lavish affair, both demand creative invites because the event is notable. Some simple ideas are:
- Printing the favourite photo of the couple on the card
- Using the same theme as that of the party décor
- Taking inspiration from the sanctity and integrity of marriage
- Deciding on the theme of the party:
Once the invites have been designed, printed and posted, think over the concept of the festivity. Traditionally, the theme of a 50th wedding celebration is gold, and the flowers that depict are Violets. Thus, ideally, the idea of the party should be gold and violet. You can use the two colours to decorate the venue and even in the cards that are sent out to guests. For gifts to the couple of the day, you can use a gold watch or cufflinks for the man and gold jewellery for the woman.
For a more modern approach, you can pick a different theme. An example would be an old song or movie the couple has always loved. Or you can simply create a timeline of their 50 years together. Use pictures and videos of the past to create a walk down memory lane.
- Choosing the menu of the night:
A delicious cake with excellent food and free-flowing drinks are the three tricks to an extraordinary party. Begin by carefully picking a 50th celebration cake. A good order cake online will help you select the most appropriate design. The ideal design would be a picture cake that has a photograph of the couple. If you want to stick to a theme, then use the same coloured icing on the cake as the décor.
When it comes to food, why not really surprise the people of the hour by including all of their favourite dishes. Draft a menu that has all the delicacies that make their mouth water. The food and drinks menu should be all about indulgence in a 50th wedding party.
- Refresh some old memories:
A golden wedding anniversary is primarily about reliving the years that have gone by. It brings back the joy of yesteryears along with a feeling of contentment. A few ideas that can be incorporated on the day are:
- A vow renewal ceremony that is an exact copy of the first one. It can include ring and garland exchange.
- A slideshow that has photos and videos of all the landmarks of a lifetime spent together. The images can be a blend of coloured and black & white. They can show the wedding, having kids and then grandkids.
- A playlist that has all oldies songs playing especially those loved by the couple and that have memories attached to them.
- End with entertainment:
A party is as much about the guests as the chief members. Friend and family members should feel included in the celebration. A fundamental way to do so is to ask them to prepare toasts that talk about old memories related to the couple. Music is also essential when it comes to entertainment. Keep it as a background at the start of the event, and later you can ask people to come down to the dance floor.
A Few Extra Tips
As long as one follows the ideas discussed above, a smashing party will be easy to prepare. But a few additional suggestions never hurt anyone.
- Create bespoke napkins by imprinting them with initials and 50th.
- A photo booth is always a hit idea.
- Give memoirs of the day to the guests that are customised.